VCMTUNER II - Advanced - 2007+ for Honda Acura 3.5L I-VTEC Disable VCM / ECO mode
VCMTUNER II - Advanced - 2007+ for Honda Acura 3.5L I-VTEC Disable VCM / ECO mode
In Stock. Product ships in 1-2 business days. Read Reviews
Shipping: Due to midwest storms some shipments may experience delays from USPS and other carriers. This includes delays with priority mail shipping.
Note: You will receive a tracking number upon shipment. Customers with 2007-2008 Honda Pilot 2WD need to purchase 2005-2006 VCMTUNER II due to connector style. See 'Connector Compatibility' section in this description to see what vehicle makes/models this product fits. 2007+ denotes 2007 and newer honda and acura vehicles (through 2021) with the exception of the 2007-2008 honda pilot.
VCMTUNER II - The most advanced VCM controller in the world.
ZERO INTERVENTION DEVICE
- Dynamic operation - no adjustment required. Disable VCM 100%
- Overtemp protection (dash shows normal temp above 212F and re-enables factory VCM operation)
- Auto Diagnostic mode for TPS re-learns with no user intervention (any time the battery is disconnected or a dealership firmware update is performed, a throttle position re-learn is required by the ECU)
- Fused protection on +12v connection to battery or switched ignition
- Option to utilize dash switch for VCM on/off operation
- Optional Engine Coolant Alarm Feature (audible alarm on overtemp)
- Allows use of non-ACM engine mounts in 2005-2010 Odyssey/Pilot/Accord
- Design puts no stress on factory wiring harness
- No wires required to go through firewall, all under the hood.
- Solid State operation - no moving parts.
- 1 year warranty
California emissions compliance pending.
Currently not available for shipment to California.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for availability status or questions.
FULL POWER All the time. Reduced shudder and vibration problems. Keep your I-VTEC engine in VTEC only mode for high performance and feel the improved responsiveness. Unit is solid state with no moving parts. Resistance adjusts on the fly to keep VCM disabled in all conditions, no matter what climate you live in.
- OEM style automotive connectors, both crimped and soldered for longevity and reliability.
- Automotive Rated PCB components meeting AEC-Q2000, rated for under-hood prolonged stress where applicable, not cheap consumer grade capacitors and resistors. Includes a silicone based conformal coating on the PCB to withstand moisture, shock and vibration as used by the automotive industry.
- Custom polycarbonate enclosure rated for under-hood temperatures up to 290F.
- Transient voltage suppression and de-coupling capacitors on inputs, including a separate ground path on the enclosure for discharging ESD under the hood to the mounting bracket.
- Rear/Side Battery tray post bracket mount with wing-nut for easy installation and removal. Stainless steel mounting bracket with stainless steel lock nut.
- Auto Diagnostic Feature - digital accelerometer detects vibration/motion to automatically detect when a TPS re-learn procedure is safe when temperatures exceed 194F for two consecutive minutes and the vehicle is in a stopped state for an extended duration without any user intervention. This also allows for 100% normal fan operation when the vehicle is stopped at idle for an extended duration of time.
- Engine Coolant Alarm Feature - can automatically trigger a check engine light upon the vehicle exceeding 212F which also provides an audible VSA alarm to inform the driver of a critical situation that may require pulling the vehicle over to prevent engine damage.
- Auto Diagnostic Feature and Engine Coolant Alarm features can be turned on/off and are optional.
- Hand-made in USA.
- Only VCM disabling product which has gone through rigorous EPA emission testing (FTP-75, S06, S03, OBD-II) for street legal usage
- Heat shielding material covers enclosure to maximize life of product as it will reflect 85% of radiant heat under the hood.
-Product has been used by automotive shops as a diagnostic tool for isolating torque converter and engine mount vibration problems across models 2007 through 2020.
Priority Express USPS 1-2 day w/ S/H - $24.00
Priority USPS 2-3 day delivery w/ S&H - $9.00.
First class shipping in USA (2-5 business days)- $5.00
International (Canada) 7-10 day- $15.00 - we pre-pay all import fees . This speeds up delivery through customs as well. (promotion through 2021)
International (Europe) 7-20 day - $15.00 (promotion)
International (World) International First Class only shipping - varies based on country selected. If your country does not appear in the checkout options please send us an e-mail. Insurance is recommended on international shipments.
Import duties are the responsibility of the purchaser for international shipments. Canadian orders have import fees pre-paid with your order.
This product is protected under Granted US Patent 10,240,541.
Instruction/Install Manual included
- 1 year parts and labor warranty for purchases after 9/30/2019.
2007+ models or newer with a 3.5L Honda I-VTEC VCM Enabled engine
- 2007+ Odyssey
- 2009+ Pilot (2006-2008 use older 2005-2006 style connector)
- 2008+ Accord and Crosstour
- 2017+ Ridgeline
- 2013+ Acura RDX RDL TLX MDX with I-VTEC
- 2019+ Passport
As an example, a 2020 honda odyssey would utilize the 2007+ connector style as described above.
You use this product at your own risk.
EPA / CARB information
Currently not available in California until E.O is issued by the regulatory authority.
Wire information guide
- Green Wire is for VCM on/off operation and can only be left open or connected to ground. When connected to a ground source the unit will re-enable vcm operation. Leave unconnected to disable VCM/ECO.
- Blue Wire is for a future engine coolant level alarm/sensor to inform the vehicle owner the coolant level has dropped below a safe level which will be available in 2019.
- Red/Black wire is for +12v and has the fuse protection for connection to the vehicle battery or a key ignition switched source.
- Ground wire is provided by the factory engine ECT connector, no separate ground hookup is required.
One picture in the slideshow above shows mounting to a 2005-2010 Odyssey with the battery wire harness (Interstate Battery in Picture).
The other two pictures are from an install on a 2014 Accord and shows how the bracket is twisted into the gap.
Another picture is shown for the ECT sensor location on a 2017 or newer earth dreams 3.5L engine. This engine has another sensor on the drivers side engine with the same connector as the ECT1 sensor connector. A few customers have installed on the wrong sensor and had issues starting the vehicle. Please validate you are hooking the unit up to the proper sensor, which can be found by following the upper radiator hose back to the manifold inlet.
You can see the slideshow by clicking on the image of the VCMTUNER II above and hit the left/right arrows.
- Product was conceptualized in November of 2016 and took nearly two years to complete all features, including writing embedded software code and nearly a year of QA testing with over 10k miles logged.
- Final PCB design completed by an industrial design firm with over 60 years of combined experience in 2017.
Note: Product look may vary per batch (e.g. case color)
Opinion: An Independent Mechanics statement on VCM and user of the VCMTUNER II since October 2018.
"Every one that I've seen has experienced the issue. Every one. I have ZERO customers who have a VCM Ody or Pilot that haven't experienced high oil consumption which was fixed by a Muzzler. The problem is most don't notice the consumption until they get a P03xx and it goes in for the warranty service. Most of them never even come here. I've got customers with both gen 3 and gen 4 Odys and they all do it... I like the accurate indication during an overheat but even more so, the ability to indicate normal temps at prolonged idle when I'm doing idle relearns and checking temps after coolant flush, etc. I love my VCMTuner II"
- J.Clark, owner of a 2008 Odyssey Touring & Honda Mechanic
10% off order over $200 for entire order. Use SHOP10 discount code on checkout if your order exceeds $200. No discount codes available for a single unit purchase. Auto shops and resellers who have purchased more than 3 units can inquire about getting a discount code for all future purchases.
Click on product image in left corner to see other images of unit and mounting options for some different model years.
Attention: Proposition 65 warning.
If you have issues watching the video (apple devices), please see it on youtube.
8 minute installation video